Posted on September 10, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
Wednesday night we had the fans vote on the outcome of every NFL Week 1 match up on Twitter, and we have to say, they didn’t do half bad. With a final score of 10-4-2 (see the notes next to the picks to explain the ties), the fans proved they know their stuff! Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected. We want to see more of these teams overlapping next week!
- Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings – the fans were split 50/50 on this one, so we won’t count it as a loss
- Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns
- Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Miami Dolphins
- Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Los Angeles Ramsvs. Carolina Panthers
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Seattle Seahawks
- New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals – sorry fans, this game ended in a tie!
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots
- Houston Texans vs. New Orleans Saints
- Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders
We hope the fans are ready to make their picks for Week 2 tomorrow night on Twitter! We want to see you continue your winning record, so be sure to catch up on all the must-see moments from the weekend you may have missed. Here are a few of our favorites from the Week 1 action:
- The return of the Collinsworth Slide. Need we say more?
- Kyler Murray was sacked by his own guard in his debut against the Detroit Lions. Sure, the team rallied to tie the game at the end of OT, but this is just too good not to share with the fans that may have missed it.
The Cardinals’ guard just turned around and sacked Kyler Murray. This is gonna be a long year. pic.twitter.com/BzuUEIwnbv— Clue Heywood (@ClueHeywood) September 8, 2019
- This entire call. We won’t give Pittsburgh Steeler center Maurkice Pouncey a harder time than the announcers did, but damn. It hurts every time we watch this. Let’s just hope he learns his lesson before the Steelers face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.
- You already know how much we hate to see a game be won off of a field goal. Unfortunately for the Houston Texans, a terrible defensive call was made that put the New Orleans Saints into field goal range.
Can’t leave too much time for Deshaun.— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) September 10, 2019
Can’t leave too much time for Brees.
WHAT. A. FINISH. pic.twitter.com/4LMgHJtcNO
- And last, but absolutely not least, the fans made a difference during Monday Night Football! For whatever reason, the folks at ESPN decided to have the graphic for downs be yellow – which basically meant the entire first half had fans thinking there was a flag on every call. Thankfully, the fans took to Twitter to demand change, and EPSN pulled through.
Our ESPN production team is aware of the feedback on the #MNF down and distance graphic. We have called an audible and adjusted for the 2nd half of #HOUvsNO and for the #DENvsOAK game to follow. New look pictured here. pic.twitter.com/SWLKKuW87w— bill hofheimer (@bhofheimer_espn) September 10, 2019